Family Practice Physician - Indian Health Service (IHS)
Hopi Health Care Center Indian Hospital, Polacca, AZ
Argent Technologies, LLC is seeking a Family Medicine Physician to provide outpatient services at the Hopi Health Care Center (HHCC) Indian Hospital, Polacca, AZ.
BACKGROUND: The Hopi Healthcare Center is a 4-bed, The Joint Commission (TJC) accredited critical access hospital. Hopi Healthcare Center Outpatient Services include general medical care to adults and pediatrics. Outpatient visits for the HHCC totaled 68,000 for Fiscal Year 2015, including 14,000 Emergency Department visits.
Shift times and schedules are subject to change based on the medical needs of the patient populace and hospital operations.
Shifts are routinely, (Mon – Fri) 5 days/week minus Federal holidays
8 hours/day (8A-4:30P with 30 minute lunch).
Contractor shall be paid only for actual time services are performed.
- It is preferred but not required that Medical staff have experience of services performed in a rural community.
- It is essential that medical staff must be willing to accept a position in a rural community.
- The contractor shall provide the Government with the qualifications of Physicians presented as candidates for assignments, including resume (detail experience in months and years), and references.
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Foreign Trained: Must possess completion of ECFMG or Fifth Pathway
- Post-Secondary Education: Must be a graduate from an accredited Internal or Family Medicine residency program
- Physicians shall be either board certified in Family Practice or Internal Med Recent outpatient work experience is acceptable in lieu of board certification
- License: Possess active, unrestricted US. Medical license
- Possess current BLS (Basic Life Support) ACLS and PALS
- Contractor shall speak, understand, read and write the English language fluently
- Selected candidate shall undergo the Indian Health Service mandated security clearance requirement prior to commencement of services at the Hopi Health Care Center PHS Indian Hospital. The security pre-clearance requirement must be adhere to; the process includes a fingerprint check and a screen check of the physician through the office of the inspector general's exclusion list at http://exclusions.oig.hhs.gov/
- Possess recent outpatient medical experience
- The contractor should be proficient in writing, typing and have a basic working knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software application
- The contractor shall have sufficient knowledge, competence and experience in providing these services on a regular schedule to the Hopi Health Care Center PHS Indian Hospital
- The contractor shall possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills, social sensitivity and appropriate professional behavior such that the contractor can relate constructively to IHS employees, contractors, vendors and individuals from the Native American community
- Due to some limited driving requirements, the contractor should have a current, valid state driver’s license from any of the 50 United States or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Argent is the #1 provider of contract Flight Medicine Physicians to US Military installations worldwide
We offer competitive rates and flexible time off.
or APPLY NOW!
Argent is an SDVOSB (Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business) specializing in the provision and management
of Healthcare Professionals to the US Military, Veterans Administration,
and Federal Corrections Complexes nationwide.