Internal Medicine Physician – Board Eligible - US Air Force
Luke Air Force Base, Glendale, AZ
Period of Performance: 30 September 2018 - 29 September 2019
Option Years: 2
Annual Contract Hours: 1920
Completion of a residency or fellowship in internal medicine acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF.
Eligible for board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine.
Must have graduated from an accredited Internal Medicine residency within 1 year of hire OR have 5 years’ experience in the clinical practice of Internal Medicine.
TYPE OF WORK: The duties include but are not limited to the following
Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers in accordance with MTF policies and regulations.
Provide outpatient services for patients as scheduled by the Government.
Care shall include but not be limited to routine general internal medicine care to include care for acute and chronic patient conditions.
May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients.
Duties include managing patient care to include approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals, answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff, refilling prescriptions, providing primary and secondary preventative maintenance care.
Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency problems as they occur.
Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately diagnose and treat diseases and injuries to include, but not limited to the following:
- Cardiovascular diseases - congestive heart failure, hyper-tension, arrhythmias, acute myocardial infarction
- Respiratory diseases - asthma, bronchitis, pulmonary thromboembolism, and pulmonary insufficiency and adult respiratory distress syndrome
- Gastrointestinal diseases - peptic ulcer disease, gastritis, pancreatitis, cirrhosis and alcoholic liver
- Endocrinology - diseases of the thyroid, diabetes mellitus
- Rheumatology - sarcoidosis, degenerative joint disease
- Renal - acute renal failure, urinary tract infection
- Infectious diseases - infectious diarrheas, bacterial infections, hospital-acquired infections, infections of the compromised host, tuberculosis, and other microbacterial infections
- Neurology - epilepsy, cerebrovascular disease.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) interpretation
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Graded exercise treadmill testing
- Central line placement
- Arterial line placement
- Intubation and airway management
- Hemodynamic invasive monitoring
- Lumbar puncture
Prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required by the MTF.
Take part in clinic Quality Assurance Program as required to meet the standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Argent Technologies staffs 62% of the Flight Medicine Physicians worldwide!
Contact Pamela Patton at email@example.com or 210.888.1876
or APPLY NOW!