Medical Physicist — Radiation Safety Program — Veterans Health Administration
VA Finger Lakes Healthcare System (VAFLHCS), NY
Radiology departments are located in Rochester, Canandaigua, and Bath. All work is performed on site at the VA facilities listed below.
- BATH VA CENTER, 76 Veterans Ave, Bath, NY 14810
- CANANDAIGUA VA CENTER, 400 Fort Hill Ave, Canandaigua, NY 14424
- ROCHESTER OUTPATIENT CENTER (ROPC), 260 Calkins Rd, Henrietta, NY 14467
Schedule: Monday through Friday, not counting Federal Holidays, unless agreed upon with the RSO.
Work may be performed during normal off hours with adequate coordination with the Finger Lakes Health VA. There will be no extra charge for working during normal off hours. For example, performing checks on equipment during early evening hours or a Saturday/Sunday when the patient work load is less and the equipment is more readily available.
Medical Physicists shall meet the following education, certification, and qualification standards:
Prior to commencing work all contractor employees shall meet certain criteria to perform work under this contract as a Medical Physicist. All qualifications are subject to review by the VA Finger Lakes Health System Chief of Staff and approval by the VA Finger Lakes Health Director.
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Medical Physics, Health Physics or a related field.
- Hold current Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiological Physics by the American Board of Radiology and or American Board of Medical Physics.
- Medical physicist should have experience in:
- CT Optimization
- Calibration and testing of diagnostic x-ray equipment.
- Medical Physicist duties shall not be reassigned to a Technologist or any other individual without written approval by the VA Radiation Safety Officer or his/her designee.
- Medical Physicist must adhere to VHA Handbook 1105.04, Fluoroscopy Safety, dated June 21, 2018. Contractor shall comply with radiation protection standards 29 CFR 1910.1096 and immediately report any unsafe conditions with the potential to adversely impact the facticity radiation workers or patients to the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO).
For full job description, please see the Finger Lakes VA - Medical Physicist - AT Job Description [PDF]
Argent offers competitive salaries and generous time off!
Argent Technologies staffs 62% of the Flight Medicine Physicians worldwide!
Contact Pamela Patton at email@example.com or 210.888.1876
or APPLY NOW!